Wednesday 7 March 2012

Saying Goodbye



According to marketingmag.ca over 70% of customers who sign up for a rewards card lose interest in at least one program they signed up for.


3 ways to keep your customers interested in your program:


1. Keep your reward levels realistic and achievable!
It is important to have practical reward levels so that it does not take your customers years to reach a reward level.


2. Dont treat all your card members the same!
Use data-mining to observe different shopping patterns of individual customers and segment them so that Joe isnt offered the same rewards as Judy. Maybe Joe wants a new sports magazine, where as Judy wants some new lipstick.


3. Re-ingage inactive customers!
Contact customers that haven't used their card in a while, and ask them why. Once you hear their concern, entice them to return to your store by offering them certain incentives.

3 comments:

  1. I would agree with the the statistic you have posted at the top there. I have a few loyalty cards that I do not always carry with me and then end up losing on the savings it would have provided me if I had it on me. I think it is always a good idea when the company or store has your name in its system that way if you do forget the card you can still get the rewards and savings

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also too agree with the statistic you have posted. i had a few problems before in the past with these cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have signed up for several the customer loyalty programs and rarely ever use them. I find that most companies do not follow the 3 steps you listed, however if they did then I would be much more inclined to use them!

    ReplyDelete