Tuesday 6 March 2012

Whats app with that?

Now that 2012 is fast passing, its time to see how customer loyalty cards measure up with todays technology. 



After a few hours on Apples app store, I found multiple companies that allow you to collect points via your Apple iPhone. Starbucks being the largest company to offer such features (Ofcoarse, I already had this app before my research). Some of you may be wonder what your iPhone has to do with this, but you will see..


Starbucks Rewards allows you to build points and reach certain levels. Myself being a Starbucks addict have already gained access to the "Gold Level". Being a "Gold Member" gives me perks such as free syrups and soy milk added too all of my beverages, as well as every 15th drink I purchase is free!


And to think, I haven't even gotten to the coolest part yet. Upon downloading the Starbucks Rewards App, I can enter in my pre-paid Starbucks card, and use it as my method of payment! All your barista has to do is scan the bar code on your phone, and all the work is done for you!


Watch the below video on how the Starbucks Rewards app works!
(Video is of an android phone, but works on iPhone's as well)





Video Courtesy of: http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps

3 comments:

  1. I find that pretty cool and interesting, this is something more companies should be offering such apps like this. It is so convenient and a smart and effective loyalty program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely find this to be a very handy app for all the daily starbuck consumers. It's good to know that major companies are starting to shift their focus on going digital in terms of connecting with their audience and having an iphone app is one of the best ways to reach millions of people and also be able to build a longterm customer relationship in the process as a result of the achievable reward points.

    I will definitely have to tell my mom about this app since she's an iphone user and perhaps it will make me look like a genius for helping her get some more perks on her next visit to starbucks lol!

    All in all it's a pretty sweet app and it will be interesting to see what other competitors such as Tim Hortons will do to go digital and attract customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. having access with a company on your phone was one of the best thing to come up with because nowadays everyone is on their phones

    ReplyDelete